Hi, and thank you for your interest in Israel Bookshop!
Kudos on writing your manuscript! We would love to take a look at it. Here is the following you should know before submitting a manuscript to us:
- All submissions must be original work. If this work was previously published, and you are looking to have the book re-distributed, you must let us know this. Please be aware that we don't often accept a previously published/distributed book for re-distribution.
- All submissions must be sent as a Microsoft Word document or a PDF file, and sent via email only. Please do not paste your manuscript into the body of the email itself.
- The submission does not need to be in perfect form (i.e., edited and proofread), as we generally do our own editing/proofreading for the books we publish. That being said, a well-presented manuscript usually does have a leg up over one that is filled with typos and other errors...
- Submissions should be accompanied by a cover letter that includes:
Please note if you are interested in producing the book yourself and IBS being its distributor only, or if you want Israel Bookshop to handle the production and distribution. Do you have funding or sponsors for the project, or are you looking for IBS to invest in your book? (Hint: it is sometimes easier to get published if you have the necessary backing for the cost of production.)
- A synopsis or outline of the contents of your book
- Any haskamos or praise for your work, if applicable/available
- A short bio introducing yourself to us
After you email your submission, you will receive a confirmation email from us that we received it. However, review of the book by our editors can take 4-8 weeks, and generally you will only receive a detailed response after that time. There is no need to contact us prior to that. We typically review submissions in the order that they are received.
Email your submission to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!